The Department Psychiatry at Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is seeking a distinguished leader to serve as the Director of Strategic Initiatives. The successful candidate will bring expert clinical, administrative and programmatic skills to the creation, implementation, and operation of strategic initiatives, including in population behavioral health as well as practice-based scholarship. The CHA Department of Psychiatry is recognized as a leader in patient care, teaching and research. As a leader in mental health for more than 20 years. CHA’s psychiatry teams provide compassionate care to our diverse patient population. CHA is comprised of an established network of ambulatory clinics, an urgent care site and two full service hospitals based in Cambridge, Somerville, and Boston’s metro-north communities.
- Develop and execute a vision for the Center for Mindfulness and Compassion (CMC) while providing clinical leaderhip
- Assist in the development of the population health scholars program
- Collaborate with the Chair of Psychiatry to develop additional strategic initiatives in practice-based research
- Interface with the Director of CME to plan and organize CME courses and help to develop content for the on-line learning platform
- Work with Training Directors to implement changes into the training of psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers to include population health into existing didactic and experiential learning
- Participate in teaching opportunities
- Oversee faculty development and promotions
- CHA is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School (HMS) and academic appointments are available commensurate with medical school criteria
CHA offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403b retirement accounts with matching, generous PTO, CME allotment (time and dollars) and much more.
Qualified candidates may submit their CV through our website at www.CHAproviders.org, or by email to Melissa Kelley at ProviderRecruitment@challiance.org. The Department of Provider Recruitment may be reached by phone at (617) 665-3555.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, relationship identity or relationship structure, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.