Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is recruiting for a Chief of Hematology/Oncology to join our award-winning health system based in Boston’s metro-north communities. CHA provides high quality health care to an underserved, multicultural patient population at five locations. Primarily a clinical position, administrative time will be allocated for the leadership responsibilities below.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the growing collaboration of CHA’s excellent community-based hematology/oncology service with the Cancer Center of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and help lead CHA efforts for further integration.
- Ensure highest quality patient care in a compassionate, culturally sensitive, efficient, and cost effective manner and model the values and professional standards of CHA.
- Be responsible for developing quality improvement initiatives and enhancing practice operations throughout our integrated health system and contributing to our initiative to become a High Reliability Organization.
- Be responsible for the academic oversight and development of the Division, including training programs, research, and relations with Harvard Medical School. Oversee learning of both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Working with the Chief of Medicine and Senior Director to participate in institutional strategic planning.
Position carries a Harvard Medical School (HMS) appointment of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with HMS appointment criteria, candidate qualifications and commitment to teaching responsibilities. Academic rank will be determined based on credentials and experience.
- ABIM board certification in Hematology and Oncology
- Exceptional clinical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to public health
- Excellent communication skills
- Dedication to ensuring culturally and linguistically appropriate care
To learn more and to apply confidentially please visit www.CHAproviders.org. CV and cover letter may also be confidentially submitted to Mary Cummings by emailing ProviderRecruitment@challiance.org. CHA’s Department of Provider Recruitment may be reached by phone at (617) 665-3555.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.