Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is a well-respected, nationally recognized and award-winning public healthcare system, which receives recognition for our clinical and academic innovations. Our system is comprised of three hospital campuses and an integrated network of both primary and specialty care practices in Cambridge, Somerville and Boston’s Metro North Region. CHA is an academic affiliate of both Harvard Medical School (HMS) and Tufts University School of Medicine. Our practices serve an ethnically and socio-economically diverse patient population.
CHA is recruiting for the Medical Director of Coding and Care Coordination. As an integral part of the Population Health Management leadership team, the Medical Director drives performance improvement as measured by completeness and accuracy of diagnosis coding across the members of all risk contract panels in addition to working clinically part-time.
- Work closely with primary care and specialty clinical leadership to accomplish outstanding outcomes to meet and exceed goals
- Designs and implements initiatives to achieve improved performance on completeness and accuracy of coding
- Develops strategies to succeed in risk contracts and value-based care
- Identifies and drives organization and cultural changes need to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology and internal initiatives
- Provides guidance and interpretation on issues of medical appropriateness related to diagnosis coding and documentation
- Provide part time clinical care
- Engage and motivate clinical department leadership for performance improvement through coaching, skill building, and leadership
Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of clinical experience as a licensed/ Board Certified Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner with one to two years in a clinical leadership role. Candidates should possess strong diagnostic skills, a thorough understanding of all aspects of diagnosis coding, compliant documentation, HCC and HHS coding and risk adjustment models. Proven ability in medical leadership possessing clinical credibility with peers and the ability to be a team player and team builder.
Please visit www.CHAproviders.org to learn more and apply through our secure candidate portal. CVs may be sent directly to ProviderRecruitment@challiance.org. CHA’s Department of Provider Recruitment may be reached by phone at (617) 665-3555.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, relationship identity or relationship structure, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.