Grounded in principles for which CHA inpatient psychiatry care is already renowned—compassionate, culturally sensitive, evidence-based, and trauma-informed care—the CHA Neurodevelopmental Disorders Unit (NDU) is a part of the exciting new Center of Excellence for Child & Adolescent Inpatient Mental Health Care at Somerville Hospital. We advocate for a comprehensive continuum of psychiatric, behavioral, and medical services—at CHA and across the state. Through whole-person, whole-family, and lifespan-based treatment approaches, we can enhance the health, dignity, and wellbeing of our communities!
We provide high-quality, evidence-based, acute psychiatric & behavioral crisis care to the neurodevelopmental disorders population. We champion honesty, empathy, compassion, and altruism in our work; we value and respect the dignity and voices of the patients and families we work with; and we endeavor to bring equitable and excellent care to them.
Our Model of Care:
- Assess the individual’s presenting problem(s) which precipitated a crisis requiring the admission
- Develop an effective multidisciplinary treatment plan which addresses the medical, psychiatric, behavioral, and social/communication components of the presenting crisis, and stabilize the individual with this plan
- Engage caregivers and community supports in coaching and educational sessions to translate the success of this treatment plan back to the non-hospital setting; learning new strategies for diminishing challenging behaviors and reinforcing more functional skills helps patients and families remain safer and more successful in the community after discharge, decreasing the likelihood of readmission
- Prepare for discharge by accessing follow up care through outpatient, in-home, or step-down levels of care
Does this mission and model of care align with your vision for a rewarding inpatient psychiatry job? Join our team and make a difference! Academic appointments are available commensurate with criteria of Harvard Medical School. Competitive Salaries starting at $300,000, sign on bonuses, 403(b) with match, and loan forgiveness options!
- Provide clinical care and psychopharmacology to patients during periods of inpatient hospitalization
- Develop multidisciplinary treatment plans with psychologists, behaviorists, speech language pathologists, occupational therapists, and educational specialists
- Partner with skilled and dedicated nurses, milieu therapists, and registered behavioral technicians to create a therapeutic environment for patients
- Participate in teaching opportunities with psychiatry residents, fellows, and other mental health trainees
- Contribute to population health and quality improvement efforts
- Use a fully integrated electronic medical record (Epic) and robust interpreter service
CHA is a teaching affiliate of HMS. This position carries an HMS appointment of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with HMS appointment criteria, candidate qualifications and commitment to teaching responsibilities
Qualified candidates will be BC/BE in psychiatry and share CHA’s passion for providing the highest quality care to our underserved and diverse patient population. Please submit CV’s through our secure website at www.CHAproviders.org, or by email to Melissa Kelley at ProviderRecruitment@challiance.org. The Department of Provider Recruitment may be reached by phone at (617) 665-3555 or by fax (617) 665-3553.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.