Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is an award winning, academic public healthcare system receiving national recognition for innovation and community excellence. Our system includes three hospital campuses as well as an established network of primary and specialty practices in the Cambridge, Somerville and Boston’s metro-north area. CHA proudly serves the ethnically and socio-economically diverse members of our local communities. CHA is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School and a clinical affiliate of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
We are currently recruiting a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist to join our well-established and vibrant Ophthalmology Division within the Department of Surgery.
- Full-time Comprehensive Ophthalmology position, providing services at CHA’s Eye Center locations in Somerville and Malden
- Ideal candidate will have a strong interest in glaucoma and cataract surgery
- Must have excellent Cataract Surgery skills
- Subspecialty training in Glaucoma and/or Corneal Surgery would be a plus
- Qualified candidates will be Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Active MA medical license is preferred
- Position affords the opportunity to work with Harvard Medical Students, and residents in HMS and CHA affiliated training programs. A Harvard Medical School Faculty appointment at the level of Instructor, Assistant, or Associate Professor is possible and encouraged commensurate with HMS criteria, candidate qualifications, and commitment to teaching responsibilities.
- The Ophthalmologist will work with a diverse patient population.
Our ideal candidate possesses excellent clinical and communication skills and a strong commitment to serve our multicultural, underserved patient population. We offer a collegial work environment and a strong infrastructure, including a fully integrated EPIC EMR.
Our physicians enjoy competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
Qualified applicants may submit CVs to Mary Cummings, Provider Recruiter at ProviderRecruitment@challiance.org or online at www.CHAProviders.org. Cambridge Health Alliance Department of Provider Recruitment can be reached at (617) 665-3555.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.