Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is an award winning, academic public healthcare system receiving national recognition for innovation and community excellence. We are recruiting for an optometrist to join our vibrant and growing Division of Ophthalmology on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
Our system includes three hospital campuses as well as an integrated network of primary and specialty care sites located throughout Cambridge, Somerville and Boston’s metro north region. CHA proudly serves the ethnically and socio-economically diverse members of our local communities. CHA is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School and a clinical affiliate of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Full-time or half-time employed optometry opportunity
- Provide optometric care at our two CHA Eye Center locations, in Somerville and Malden Massachusetts.
- CHA Department of Ophthalmology currently has four ophthalmologists, and three optometrists
- Work collaboratively with CHA ophthalmologists and optometrists for both elective and urgent eye care.
- Responsibilities include routine eye exams, contact lens fittings, and assisting ophthalmologists in the care of patients with medical and surgical ophthalmic conditions.
- Optometry position requires staffing some patients care sessions in the evenings (once a week for full time optometrist) and on weekends (every third week end for full time position), as well as during the day, during the week.
- CHA is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School (HMS). This position carries a Harvard Medical School (HMS) appointment of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with HMS appointment criteria, candidate qualifications and commitment to teaching responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate possesses excellent clinical and communication skills as well as a strong commitment to serve our multicultural, underserved patient population. At CHA, we offer a collegial work environment and a strong infrastructure, including a fully integrated EMR. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. CHA offers a benefits package that includes health/dental insurance, malpractice insurance, retirement with matching, generous paid time off, and more!
Qualified applicants may apply confidentially via candidate portal at www.CHAproviders.org. CV and cover letter may also be emailed directly to Mary Cummings in Provider Recruitment at ProviderRecruitment@challiance.org. Cambridge Health Alliance Department of Provider Recruitment may be reached by phone at (617) 665-3555.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.