Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) is an award winning, academic public healthcare system receiving national recognition for innovation and community excellence. We are recruiting for an Optometrist, for work on weekends. Join our vibrant and growing Division of Ophthalmology.
Our system includes three hospital campuses as well as an integrated network of primary and specialty care sites located throughout Cambridge, Somerville and Boston’s metro north region. CHA proudly serves the ethnically and socio-economically diverse members of our local communities. CHA is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School and a clinical affiliate of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- We are recruiting for an additional optometrist for patient care Sessions on weekends (Either Saturdays or Sundays or both)
- Part-time employed, or per-diem options are possible
- Provide care at our two CHA Eye Center locations in Malden and Somerville
- Work collaboratively with CHA ophthalmologists and optometrists to provide eye care for patients of all ages
- Responsibilities include routine eye exams, contact lens fittings, and assisting ophthalmologists in the care of patients with medical and surgical ophthalmic conditions.
- No call required – daytime hours
- CHA is a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School (HMS). This position carries a Harvard Medical School (HMS) appointment of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with HMS appointment criteria, candidate qualifications and commitment to teaching responsibilities
Our ideal candidate possesses excellent clinical and communication skills as well as a strong commitment to serve our multicultural, underserved patient population. At CHA, we offer a collegial work environment and a strong infrastructure, including a fully integrated EMR. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants may apply confidentially via candidate portal at www.CHAproviders.org. CV and cover letter may also be emailed directly to Mary Cummings in Provider Recruitment at ProviderRecruitment@challiance.org. Cambridge Health Alliance Department of Provider Recruitment may be reached by phone at (617) 665-3555.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law