Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA), a well-respected, nationally recognized and award-winning public healthcare system is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our Child and Adolescent Psychiatry service. CHA is comprised of three Hospital campuses and an integrated network of both primary and specialty outpatient care practices in Cambridge, Somerville and Boston’s Metro North Region, with a fully integrated electronic medical record system (EPIC). The CHA Department of Psychiatry is recognized as a leader in patient care, teaching and research.
The Child and Adolescent Psychiatry inpatient Units are located CHA Somerville Hospital. CHA recently added 42 new child, adolescent and specialized autism spectrum/neurodevelopmental beds at its Somerville Campus, bringing CHA's capacity to 69 youth beds.
The new CHA Center of Excellence for Child and Adolescent Inpatient Mental Health Care at Somerville will provide a transformative continuum of patient- and family-centered care for diverse youth with mental health needs. The Center will also provide unique opportunities for training and research at CHA to identify when, where and how to positively impact trajectories of the Commonwealth's most vulnerable youth.
Under the general direction of the Medical Director, and within established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner performs a variety of duties designed to meet the health care needs of individuals, families, and the community in general.
- 28 Hours/week; 3p-11:30p weekdays with every other weekend 8a-8p, MNA Somerville Union
- Perform admissions.
- Perform clinical assessments and evaluations.
- Plan, implement and revise treatment in consultation with multidisciplinary teams and with community agencies as appropriate.
- Completes patient chart documentation as required by all pertinent governing bodies in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to manage emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
- Demonstrates expertise in nonviolent crisis prevention and management.
- All responsibilities will be consistent with the scope of practice acts governing health care in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Maintains current Basic Life Support “C” Certification. Certification in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing by the American Nursing Association
Ideal Candidates will have at least 1 year Nurse Practitioner inpatient or psychiatric emergency experience. A Master’s degree (Nursing preferred) with a specialization in psychiatric mental health nursing or relevant clinical area. Current Massachusetts licensure is required authorizing practice in an expanded role as a Psychiatric Nurse Clinical Specialist and authorization including prescriptive authority.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.