Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA), is a Harvard Medical School teaching affiliate and award winning, academic public healthcare system. CHA is recruiting a full time primary care physician leader for the Senior Medical Director opportunity.
In collaboration with the Primary Care Senior Director and Primary Care Chiefs, The Senior Medical Director is responsible for the day-to-day clinical operational management of Cambridge Health Alliance’s Primary Care Service Line, as well as playing a leadership role in transforming primary care to be highly adaptive and responsive in a rapidly changing environment where innovation does not necessarily guarantee success, but results will.
These are areas in which the new Senior Medical Director will be expected to make significant progress during the first 12-18 months of their tenure, understanding that many of the initiatives will require multi-stage and lengthy implementation:
- Gain the respect of the major CHA stakeholders, primary physicians and other clinicians, chiefs of service, as well as other members of the senior management team.
- Be perceived as a “balanced advocate” in representing the interests of physicians and mid-level staff while identifying economic and operational efficiencies that will ensure the sustainability of primary care network.
- Create a standardized approach for all Primary Care clinics across the system so that CHA will have one optimum medical model.
- Leverage information technology to outperform the market in metric attainment, patient access and satisfaction and physician engagement and alignment. Use technology to support wellness and preventative care delivery.
- Champion patient-centered care delivery. Improve patient access, care convenience to expand panel diversity and gain primary care market share. This work will also include developing an urgent care network across the system.
- Contribute to the process by which CHA continues to be nationally known for transforming care.
- Serve on CHA-wide committees as assigned.
- Must have day-to-day operational focus with the ability to execute on primary care transformation initiatives and deliver on performance goals and metrics.
- Lead in primary care provider recruitment and retention.
- The position carries a Harvard Medical School (HMS) and/or Tufts University School of Medicine appointment of Instructor, Assistant or Associate Professor, available commensurate with appointment criteria, candidate qualifications, and commitment to teaching responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will be Board Eligible/Certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics and have demonstrated experience leading physicians and care teams. Candidates should possess a strong desire to provide the highest quality care to our diverse patient population.
Interested candidates please visit www.CHAproviders.org to apply through our secure and confidential portal. Alternatively, candidates may apply via email to CHA Provider Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at (617) 665-3555.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.